Alessandro Bergonzoni Gig Photography.



1. What made you interested in photographing gigs?

I would say that my passion for photography started ten years ago when I realised that I wanted to capture and keep record of my life. Then came music, rock music and my vision about photography changed completely.
Going through magazines and fanzines, I used to be really fascinated by the power of images, the aestethics, the cult of bands. Throught visual representations those bands and their concerts are istantanelly captured and live through generations. After 50 years they still evoke the intensity of the live performance, the intesity of the music, the energy and passion of the act.
I see photographing gigs as a natural extension of music, it's sound reproduced visually.

2. How does it differ from other kinds of photography?

It's all about feelings. It's an interchange and cohesion between two kinds of art. It's the music that directs your shoots, it's immediate.

3. Which bands would you like to photograph and why?

I think the scene I'm living in offers a great deal of new and upcoming artists, which are a unique chance for me to shoot and document them first. Hopefully, I will follow them while they are growing and, why not, be famous! In other words, I would like to have my CBGB's. Recently, I've been shooting with great interest bands as Turbogeist, Crocodiles and Mazes, which fall into the group described above.
I wouldn't mind also taking pictures of bands like Motorhead, The Clash, Iggy and The Stooges, Nirvana and Dinosaur Jr, which I grew up with.


http://theeverlastinglight.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment