Interview with Sophie Fontaine.




1. What makes you interested in old things?
I've always been attracted by old things and the exquisite smell of dust...
I grew up surrounded by paintings, stuffed animals and all sorts of hand-made items (my father was a school teacher and an accomplished artist) ...
When I was a little girl, my grandparents lived in the neighboring house...
Today,it is an old building, full of memories and dusty things...and then also, wonderful libraries, filled with an abundant selection of old books...
One has the impression that these objects have a soul; one attaches powers to them, and reaches their poetry...
This is why I return here to rejuvenate myself and find inspiration.

2. Is your world outside photography the same as in the pictures?
My work is made up of my emotions, my dreams and nightmares....
I'm a daydreamer...A solitary person.
Always in the moon, but cramming in, inside my head, all kinds of images and words...
I'm continually looking for some type of magic,but also darkness.
The most crucial difference with my photos is that I live in a city, while I prefer a wild environment for my pictures!
Fortunately, I take long walks as often as possible...

3. Are you happy with the impossible project?
I must confess that I'm very happy with the Impossible Project.
It's a wonderful opportunity to give a second life to old cameras, and a goldmine for analogue photography lovers.
Some time ago, I fell in love with Polaroïd and "lomography", and Impossible Project allows me to satisfy my passion....
Without this, some of my cameras would certainly gather dust!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55875280@N06/

No comments:

Post a Comment